1. Check the seller’s customer satisfaction ratings.
Review other user’s comments and check out the seller’s rating on sites like Google Shopping. Low “star” ratings may provide a red flag that cautions you to find a more reputable seller.2. Check the Better Business Bureau site to see if there are a large number of complaints about the seller.
The Better Business Bureaus of the United States and Canada are excellent resources to find out specific information about merchants, including whether or not they have any complaints against them related to delivery, product issues, or refund or exchange problems. You can also obtain their business addresses and corporate contact information, which might allow you to circumvent the frontline call center circus of endless automated prompts (i.e. “Press 1 to speak to a semi-live person”).3. Never enter your credit card information on a page that is not encrypted.
When using the online checkout process of a seller, always make sure that the web address has “https” instead of “http.” Https ensures that you are using an encrypted communications path to transmit your credit card information to the seller. This helps to ensure against eavesdropping on your transaction.
4. Whenever possible, use a credit card for payment.
It is natural to want to employ your friends when you find yourself in times of need. The world is a harsh (суровое) place, and your friends soften the harshness. Besides, you know them. Why depend on a stranger when you have a friend at hand?
The problem is that you often do not know your friends as well as you imagine. Friends often agree on things in order to avoid an argument. They laugh extra hard at each other's jokes. Since-так как honesty rarely strengthens friendship, you may not know how a friend truly feels. When you hire a friend, you gradually discover ( Read more... )
* Короткие ответы в английском, типа я надеюсь/думаю, что ДА/НЕТ -> я (не) надеюсь/думаю ТАК
John: Hey, Jack, is Jenny coming with us?
Jack: Yes. Why?
John: Nothing. I'm just asking.
Jack: Just asking? But why is your face burning like mad? Ah-huh, someone has a crush on Jenny, doesn't he?
John: Who has a crush?!
Jack: Come on, John, don't be such a chicken. If you like her, you've got to tell her. Maybe she likes you.
John: But I don't have the guts to ask her out.
Jack: What're you so afraid of?
John: I'd totally die if she turned me down.
Jack: But that's better than keeping everything to yourself. You've got to let her know. Come on! You've got to take a chance!
John: I don't know....Well, maybe, you're right, but how am I going to tell her?
( ещё один подобный диалог и опрос относительно текстов... )
* Personal Information. 9 разделов. 56 вопросов-ответов
* Производим первое впечатление. благоприятное
I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. –F.Nightingale
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –W.Gretzky
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. –Emelia Earhart
Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. –Babe Ruth
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone
The past is a ghost, the future a dream. All we ever have is now. –Bill Cosby
Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.( Read more... )
Ignite Your Enthusiasm. I once asked the famous financial guru, Suze Orman, for the secret behind her success. You cannot inspire, she said, unless you’re inspired yourself. She’s speaking about passion. Every inspiring leader is abundantly passionate — not about the product itself, but what the product means to their customers. Steve Jobs is not passionate about computers. He’s passionate about building tools that help people to unleash their personal creativity. Big difference.
Navigate a course of action. Nothing extraordinary ever happened without a leader articulating a vision, a course of action. We’ve seen this throughout history (think John F. Kennedy challenging a nation to land a man on the moon) and it works for building brands as well. When I interviewed Teach for America founder, Wendy Kopp, she said that her ‘vision’ as a college student was to “eliminate educational inequities.”
That vision remains as strongly in place today as it did when she started the non-profit that trains college graduates to teach in schools across America. Bold visions create excitement and inspire evangelists.
Sell the benefit. Your employees don’t care about growing sales by 10 percent this year. ( Read more... )
Если вам нужен совет, спрашивайте, чего не делать, что ускользает из виду, и не ожидайте найти такую информацию в цитатах и пышных биографиях людей. Но у людей, потерпевших неудачу, редко просят совет, как такой неудачи избежать, что, разумеется, очень печально. Ведь по сути, успех сводится к тому, чтобы регулярно избегать катастрофических провалов и рутинно справляться с мелкими текущими неурядицами... * Хочешь успеха? Изучай неудачи. И делай иначе
A good teacher is accountable.
Accountable – Holding yourself to the same expectations and standards as you hold your students.
A teacher cannot have double standards. For example, if you do not allow your students to chew gum in your class, then you should not chew gum either.
A good teacher is adaptable.
Adaptable – Making changes to lessons or activities on the fly because of an unforeseen situation or problem.
A teacher must be willing to change. If half the class does not understand a particular concept, then you cannot move on and must quickly come up with a better way to teach that concept.
A good teacher is caring.
Caring – Going the extra mile to ensure that every student is successful no matter what.( Read more... )
1. Pay Attention. As you are introduced to your new coworkers, pay very close attention to each person’s name. You will probably form an impression of each person, so mentally associate the name with something that will help you remember. For example, you might think, “Hal can be my pal,” “Mary seems rather contrary,” or “Steven appears to be even tempered.” These examples rhyme, but they don’t have to. “Janice the organizer” and “Kip the smiley-faced guy” are helpful associations.
2. Repeat. As soon as the other person’s name is said, look him or her in the eye and repeat it in the most natural way possible. Something like, “It’s nice to meet you, Taylor,” or “I look forward to working with you, Shannon,” are examples of how you can do this. If the person’s name is unusual, you might even comment on its uniqueness. Continue saying the person’s name in your mind and try to use it once more in conversation.
3. Association. Find something to associate the person with his or her name. For example,.( Read more... )
Sometimes it is all too easy to answer back rapidly to a rude person with an equally rude response, but all that does is escalate the rudeness and leave both parties feeling frustrated. If you would like to stop this cycle and salve your dignity, it is important to realize that it is the rude person with the problem and not to let it spoil your day.
1. Remain polite. No matter how difficult or nasty the rude person is, respond politely and maintain your dignity.
2. Use manners to overwhelm their rudeness. Ask them this simple question:( Read more... )
5. Bread and Pasta. Brain imaging reveals that after eating highly processed carbohydrates like white bread, pasta, rice, baked goods and other starches, the same pleasure centers of the brain light up as when a person takes drugs such as cocaine and heroin,The New York Times reports. In both cases, dopamine levels, which trigger happiness and feelings of reward, spike and then deplete, thus fueling addiction.
When a strong pasta craving kicks in, try a healthy substitute, like high-quality spelt pasta, cookedal denteto lower its glycemic content, suggests Andrew Weil, MD, founder and director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona in his cookbook True Food.
4. Salty Snacks. A team of Duke University Medical Center and Australian scientists has found that addictive drugs affect the same nerve cells in the brain as salt. Both cocaine and salt create( Read more... )
Есть мнение, что если вы откажетесь от своей вредной привычки, она будет постепенно ослабевать, пока полностью не исчезнет из вашей жизни. А на самом деле каждый раз, когда вы резко отказываетесь от привычки, ваш мозг совершает отчаянную попытку возродить её... * Вредная привычка, бьющаяся в агонии.